Tikal Day Trip From Guatemala City
The Tikal tour from Guatemala City by air is a fantastic opportunity for travelers who have little time or prefer to return to their base hotel on the same day.
The Mayan city of Tikal, located in a dense subtropical forest in the center of the state of Petén in northern Guatemala, was one of the most important cities in the Mayan lowlands.
Its first permanent inhabitant settled in the area around 900 BC. It saw its most remarkable growth between 700-800 AD. by building many of the structures you will explore today during that time.
The forest of the Tikal National Park supports a great variety of animal species. During your day trip to Tikal, you may encounter ocellated turkeys, parrots, toucans, howlers, and spider monkeys, among others.
Tikal National Park – Guatemala
Tikal Day Trip From Guatemala City
- Highlights: Tikal National Park
- Activities: History – Culture – Nature – Archaeology
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Holiday Type: Set-departure
- You will visit: Tikal National Park
- Trip Style: Couples – Small Groups – Families – Lonely Traveler
- Comfort level: Standard
- Transportation: Minibus/Airplane
- Length: 1 Day
- Physical demand: Trip may include activities like walks
- Group size: Minimum 1 – Maximum 20
- Departure / Return Location: At the hotel or lodging address provided in your tour confirmation (apply restrictions)
- Shared transportation from your hotel in Guatemala City to La Aurora International Airport (Round trip)
- Airline ticket Guatemala city – Flores – Guatemala City
- Transfer from Mundo Maya International Airport to Tikal (Round trip)
- Entrance fee to Tikal National Park
- Lunch and Soft Drink
- Bilingual Professional Tour Guide
- Airport Fees
- Other services not mentioned
Book This Tour
From US$.340.00 P/P
You will have an early transfer from Guatemala City to La Aurora airport terminal for taking a short flight to Flores, Mundo Maya international airport. After a 45 minutes flight, you will arrive at Mundo Maya International Airport
A representative of our company will be waiting for you, having a sign with your name for a convenient encounter. Then, you will be transferred to Tikal Park (60 minutes approx).
After arrival time to start the Tikal day tour exploring plazas and complexes, which includes twin pyramid complex, the main square consisting of the central, south and north acropolis, Great Jaguar Temple, and Temple II, among others. Then you will continue walking through old causeways, visiting temple III, Bat palace, complex N, and finally reach the remarkable temple IV.
On top, you will have an outstanding view of the forest and the top main temples of Tikal.
In the way heading back, you are going to visit the lost world, seven temples, and temple V, then toward the picnic area to experience a delicious meal.
The opportunity of watching wildlife like howler and spider monkeys, coatis, and several birds, reptiles, and insects occurs through the trip which enhances the experience
15:30 hrs approximately
You’re going to be transferred to Mundo Maya flight airport terminal to take a flight to Guatemala City.
US: (305) 395 3935
GT: (502) 7832 2742
You may like
El Mirador Helicopter Tour & Tikal
Archaeological package visiting two of the most important cities in the Mayan world, the lost city of El Mirador and the world heritage destination of Tikal.
Tikal Sunrise & Sunset Tour
In this tour, you will experience a sunrise and sunset on top of ancient pyramyd, also guided along the paths of the most important city in the Mayan world.
Tikal & Yaxha Tour
Discover two of the most important Mayan sites within the lowlands of Guatemala, The UNESCO world heritage site of Tikal and the third-largest Maya ruins of Yaxha.
Maya Ruins Tour
Discover the three largest Mayan sites in Guatemala, fantastic destinations surrounded by tropical jungle that inhabit a significant amount of flora and fauna.
Las Guacamayas Biological Station
This vacation package will take you to a paradise for nature lovers located at Laguna del Tigre National Park, at the Banks of San Pedro River