Guatemala Tour From Cancun & Riviera Maya
5 Day Tour Package
A short break to enjoy 4 of the best destinations located in Guatemala’s highlands and lowlands.
This tour package starting from Cancun, Mexico, provides you the opportunity to discover the World Heritage destination of Antigua Guatemala, a visit to the market of Chichicastenango, and an immersion inside the local customs of the Maya people around Lake Atitlan.
On the last day of this vacation package, discover Tikal National Park, a UNESCO archaeological site surrounded by a lush tropical jungle.
Some wildlife species are easy to observe in the park, like howler monkeys, spider monkeys, coatis, toucans, parrots, and Ocellated turkeys, to name a few.
Tikal National Park – Guatemala
- Highlights: Antigua Guatemala, Chichicastenango, Lake Atitlan, Tikal National Park
- Activities: History – Culture – Nature – Archaeology
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Holiday Type: Set-departure
- You will visit: Antigua Guatemala, Chichicastenango, Lake Atitlan, Tikal National Park
- Trip Style: Couples – Small Groups – Families – Lonely Traveler
- Comfort level: Standard – Luxury
- Transportation: Minibus/Airplane
- Length: 5 Day
- Physical demand: Trip may include activities like walks
- Group size: Minimum 2
- Departure / Return Location: Cancun International Airport
- All ground transportation during your trip for tours and transfers mentioned according the program in vehicles with air conditioning and health security
- 4 nights of lodging at mid-range hotels (Double Occupancy)
- 4 breakfasts (American Breakfasts)
- 02 lunches & soft drinks (Chichicastenago & Tikal)
- Local guides for tours
- Private boat for Lake Atitlan
- Entrances fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary:
- One way airline tickets from Cancun to Guatemala City, 1 checked luggage of 35 pounds included
- One way airline ticket from Guatemala – Flores via TAG Airline (SAAB 340A or Embraer 110), 1 checked luggage of 20 punds included
- One way airline tickets from Flores to Cancun, Mexico, 1 checked luggage of 35 pounds included
- Travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services or evacuation
- Meals not described
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, etc
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Services not described
Book This Tour
From US$.1,295.00 P/P
Day 1: Arrival – Antigua Guatemala
Our representative will meet you at La Aurora International Airport and transfer you to La Antigua Guatemala (1 hour).
Lodging in Antigua, Guatemala.
Day 2: Antigua, Guatemala
A morning walking tour of Antigua Guatemala, a cultural experience through the ruins, museums, monasteries, markets, art galleries, and squares of this colonial jewel.
During the afternoon you will have time to explore, go shopping or just relax.
Lodging at La Antigua Guatemala
Day 3: Chichicastenango – Lake Atitlan
After breakfast, we will start transferring to Chichicastenango to enjoy the colorful ethnic market. The aroma of the incense and the people’s mysticism promise a unique atmosphere. The market bargaining of prices and a church with mixed Mayan and Catholic traditions make this cultural adventure an authentic experience.
Chichicastenango is a market that appears and disappears every Thursday and Sunday as one of the old commercial traditions of the Guatemalan highlands and that now delights visitors.
For lunch, we will visit a Mayan family to taste traditional cuisine. You can also enjoy traditional dances while having lunch.
After the tour, transfer to Lake Atitlan for check-in at your hotel and then a cultural walk in Santiago Atitlan village
Lodging at Lake Atitlan.
Day 4: Lake Atitlan – Flores
Lake Atitlan is a day tour to meet the Tzutujil Mayan people, its markets, traditions, spiritualism, and beliefs.
Here you will visit a project of women weavers to learn about ancient techniques of dyeing, weaving, and producing textiles using the backstrap loom.
Then, you will explore a coffee farm to discover the coffee production process in Guatemala.
After visiting these beautiful villages, and projects, transfer back to La Aurora international airport to take a short flight to Mundo Maya Airport in the Peten Province.
Lodging at the Island of Flores
Day 5: Tikal National Park
After breakfast, you will head to Tikal to be immersed in an archaeological experience, discovering the secrets of one of the most important Mayan sites.
You will have time to climb some temples to enjoy the breathtaking views. The possibilities of encounters with wildlife are possible during the guided tour. After visiting different plazas and complexes, you will head to the restaurant area for a delicious meal.
Then you will be transported to Mundo Maya international airport on time to take your flight back to Cancun.
US: (305) 395 3935
GT: (502) 7832 2742
You may like
El Mirador Helicopter Tour & Tikal
Archaeological package visiting two of the most important cities in the Mayan world, the lost city of El Mirador and the world heritage destination of Tikal.
Tikal Sunrise & Sunset Tour
In this tour, you will experience a sunrise and sunset on top of ancient pyramyd, also guided along the paths of the most important city in the Mayan world.
Tikal & Yaxha Tour
Discover two of the most important Mayan sites within the lowlands of Guatemala, The UNESCO world heritage site of Tikal and the third-largest Maya ruins of Yaxha.
Maya Ruins Tour
Discover the three largest Mayan sites in Guatemala, fantastic destinations surrounded by tropical jungle that inhabit a significant amount of flora and fauna.
Las Guacamayas Biological Station
This vacation package will take you to a paradise for nature lovers located at Laguna del Tigre National Park, at the Banks of San Pedro River